Interested in speaking a tech conference in 2014? If so, I’d recommend sending in a proposal to UBTech 2014, a large conference run by the publishers of University Business magazine. I’ve spoken at this conference in 2010 and 2013, and it’s a very good mix of web, IT, marketing and business people.
This year’s conference is being held at The Mirage in Las Vegas on June 16-18, 2014. Yes, Vegas in June. It’ll be hot.
UBTech 2014 will look at how advances in technology are creating new opportunities for innovation across the campus and helping departments improve on the delivery of their missions.
They are seeking dynamic presentations, panel discussions, case studies, tabletop discussions and hands-on workshops in the following areas:
- Campus Networks and Infrastructure (security, enterprise, virtualization, storage, data management, cloud computing)
- Facilities Planning and Design (AV infrastructure, collaborative learning spaces, sustainability, accessibility)
- Teaching and Learning Technologies (content, course delivery, apps, online/remote instruction, MOOCs, flipped classrooms)
- Marketing Your Institution (CRM, enrollment, recruitment, retention, advancement)
- Financial Services (student transactions, eCommerce, eProcurement, operational efficiencies)
Like I said, a pretty good mix of topic areas and disciplines at this conference. Deadline for entries is Dec. 13, 2013. Acceptance notifications will be made by Jan. 17, 2014. You can send your proposal here.